The first Marimekko Olkalaukku bag was designed by Ristomatti Ratia in 1971, when men dressed in white were walking on the moon. Back on Earth everyone was falling for bell bottoms and trouser suits. Much has changed in these 40 years, but one thing is certain: the Marimekko Olkalaukku Bag hasn’t. It is still true to its original mission: To offer outstanding durability and functionality.
1) PERSONALIZE. No bling-bling required, just write your name and address on a tag with funny Finnish words.
2) SHOULDER THE LOAD. Adjustable shoulder strap with long-lasting performance guaranteed. Original straps from the 70s still in use.
3) MADE IN FINLAND. In Marimekko's own factory in Sulkava. Master artisans make sure your Olkalaukku is stitched to last another 40 years.
4) ZIP AND GO. Heavy-duty zipper on front flap keeps belongings safe. Legend has it that no Olkalaukku zipper has yet to unzip.
5) MATERIAL MATTERS. Made from durable, sturdy cotton canvas. Hand wash, air dry. Color may fade with 40 years of us, but so what? It adds character.
6) 101% FUNCTIONAL. Justy like Ristomatti Ratia intended when he designed the first Olkalaukku in 1971.